COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information you provide directly to Brains & Brawn, such as when you register for an account, enroll or sign up for features and functions available on our Site, participate in promotions, or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities.
We also collect information about you when you access or use our Site, including:
- Information Collected via Cookies. Cookies are information files that your web browser places on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain users' preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but if you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies
- Log Files. We also review log files located on our web server, which includes information such as access times, browser types and language, and users' Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses.
USE OF INFORMATION
- Operate and improve our Site and services;
- Respond to your comments and questions;
- Process and deliver contest and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Tailor your experience on the Site and display content we think may be of interest to you, including potentially targeted ads;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities on our Site;
- Communicate with you about new contests, sweepstakes, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news and information about Brains & Brawn and our partners;
- and Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may store and process information about you in the United States and other countries.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not share personal information about you with third parties, except in the limited circumstances listed below or as otherwise disclosed to you:
- With our affiliates;
- With third party vendors, consultants or service providers who need access to your information to carry out their work on behalf of Brains & Brawn;
- With third parties that run contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or other events or activities in connection with the Site or Brains & Brawn;
- When you participate in a program that Brains & Brawn and other non-profit organizations jointly offer to you, Brains & Brawn may disclose your personal information to those organizations so that they may continue to provide the program to you, with or without Brains & Brawn’s continued involvement;
- With affiliated schools and/or school districts; If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- to enforce our user agreements and policies;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- and to protect the Foundation, our users and the public from harm or illegal activities;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of Foundation assets, financing, acquisition, or in any other situation involving the transfer of all or part of Brains & Brawn's assets; and With your consent. We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Brains & Brawn takes reasonable measures to help protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
You may update or correct information about yourself by logging into your account at any time or by emailing us at email@example.com. You may also email us if you wish to deactivate your account, but please note that even after you deactivate your account, we may retain archived copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages fromBrains & Brawn by following the instructions in those messages, calling 302-745-9412 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our users who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us:
Brains & Brawn Scholarship Program
22326 GRAVEL HILL RD
GEORGETOWN, DE 19947
Brains & Brawn Scholarship Program
Attn: Kelly Deleon
22326 GRAVEL HILL RD
GEORGETOWN, DE 19947
Collection of Information
We knowingly collect limited amounts of information from children under the age of 13, which may include their names, email addresses, telephone numbers, birthdates, passwords, information about the schools they attend and their parents' or legal guardians' email addresses. This information may be collected in connection with a specific request by a child to participate in Get Schooled activities and to receive email updates. We may also collect personal information from children if they send us an email or otherwise communicate with us through the Site.
When using the Site, some information is also automatically collected, such as a child's IP address, access times, and browser type and language. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only. We may also automatically collect certain information from children through the use of "cookies," but we only use such cookies for the internal operation of the Site. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information, we will treat this information as personal information. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but if you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies.
Use of Information
We may use personal information collected from children as follows:
- to request parental consent and approvals;
- to provide requested services, products or information and to send communications about the child's account and use of the Site, such as confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to process and deliver contest and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- to respond to emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site and our users' experiences on the Site; and
- to provide news and information about Brains & Brawn or third party events, activities, offers, promotions, products, and services.
Disclosure of Information
We do not share such personal information about children with third parties except as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants or service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work on behalf of Brains & Brawn
- with third parties that run contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or other events or activities in connection with the Site or Brains & Brawn;
- with affiliated schools and/or school districts; if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- to enforce our user agreements and policies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; and to protect Get Schooled, our users and the public from harm or illegal activities;
- in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of assets, financing, acquisition, or
- in any other situation involving the transfer of all or part of Get Schooled's assets; and with your consent.
Other Important Information
We are prohibited by law from conditioning a child's participation in an activity on the child's disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity.
Parents and legal guardians have the option to consent to the collection and use of their child's personal information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to third parties. Parents also have the right to review the personal information collected online from their child, ask to have it deleted, and refuse to permit us to collect any further personal information from their child. To make such requests, please contact Brains & Brawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.